Okay, tonight's dinner hit the spot! I have been running around all day and it has been a good productive day but when I got home it hit me...I was starving and needed something good and quick!
I opened up the cupboard and there it is was...a 1/4 cup of gluten free pasta...that only takes 8 minutes to boil! Brilliant, I have my base, now what to put with it? Hmmmm...well just in front of the bag of pasta was my garlic, perfect, a clove of that. I grabbed the olive oil from just above.
I then opened the freezer...spinach and some broccoli, oh yes with some read onion too! One last check of the fridge and I found some parmeasan cheese. Alright, I think I am set!
I put the pot of water on the for pasta. Then I grabbed a sauce pan poured in about a 1/4 of water and a tablespoon of olive oil. I turned the stove on high and added the frozen broccoli and spinach. Once all the water was pretty soaked up and it had begun to saute I turned the stove down to low medium heat and added the onions and a dash more olive oil and about a 1/3 cup of water. Once the onions were soft I added the garlic. As soon as it started to become fragrant I turned the stove off and just stirred it around about another minute longer. I took out a good size bowl and added another dollop of olive and a good size spoon of parmeasan. Then I mixed in the veggies in the bowl until the cheese was all intertwined.
Once the pasta has the texture to your liking remove it and strain it and add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Combine it all together and there you have it! I transferred this then to my pasta dish and sprinkled some more parm on it...who doesn't love that extra little sprinkle of cheese!
My first bite I was pleasantly surprised at how full of flavour it was! It was warm and savoury and it only took 10 minutes! Definitely no sacrificing of flavour for a quick fix here!
Try it, you'll love it! Also may I suggest a glass of red wine, specifically Argento...it is a Malbec and it would do the trick to complete this simple yet satisfying meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment