This morning I awoke to what anyone starting a new job would call a nightmare!
Of course, my cell phone died while I was sleeping and my alarm didn't go off at the set time of 2 hours before I am supposed to be at my desk. Does this sounds familiar?
I awoke very abruptly at 8:25am only 35 minutes before I was to be at work and taking into consideration it is a 30 minute drive...I was screwed and in sheer panic. I didn't even wash my face. I managed to brush my teeth,throw on whatever clothes first jumped out at me when I opened my closet and literally ran out the door.
All being said, I made it for 9am on the dot!! Phew!
My whole day was thrown off though, I didn't get to have breakfast, make a lunch and at the very least prep any sort of dinner! I also had run out of time on the weekend to do groceries so the options in terms of food where limited to say the least.
I had to go out for lunch...surprisingly I wasn't hungry though. Still, I got a falafal and lentil soup from a random vendor downtown. I ate the falafal but then decided to save my soup for dinner. This goes against everything I want to accomplish with this blog...having take out food...that is a no no! But let's admit it...days like these do happen.
To top it off, as I was walking back to the office a pigeon's set of wings, still attached by the bone fell from the sky and almost landed square on some lady's head walking her dog. Completely random I know...I stopped to look at the mangled mess of this dismembered bird and thought, well, where is the rest of the bird?
So, the soup was delightful. I had it with a nice warm cup of boiled ginger root. This is easy to do and so good for your digestion! Honestly it cleans you right out!
Cut about 6-7 dollar size chunks of ginger root, a thickness of about your thumb nail. Put those pieces in a pot of about 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, just turn the stove off leaving the pot where it is, let it cool and them pour it into a pitcher for storing in the fridge.
What you will do when you want to drink it is add about half and half of the boiled ginger with boiled water and there you have it, a nice comforting, warm, cleansing drink to relax to at the end of a hectic day.
I guess that is it for tonight. Tomorrow I promise to get groceries and offer something requiring more creativity for dinner.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment