This is probably my favourite...other than gnocchi on a night out, this is what I could crave every night for dinner. The reason being is that it can be so different each time.
As a side note I wanted to mention that today for lunch I made those rice paper wraps. Honestly it took me 10 minutes this morning before work to get them ready. I ripped up some spinach and threw it in a bowl. Added a can of tuna, some chopped red onion and goats cheese with some fresh dill and parsley chopped and mixed in. I tossed all that together, like I would a salad. Then I let my rice paper rolls soak in warm water for about 20 seconds and was able to fill three off them with the ingredients I had prepared. I brought some peanut sauce to work and dipped my little rolls in it as I ate and it was satisfying!
Okay now back to dinner...what you need:
eggplant
butter
zucchini
garlic
spinach
goat cheese
parmesan
naan bread
balsamic glaze
Please understand that those ingredients are ALL optional...use whatever you have...whatever your taste buds desire...grill it, saute it, fry it up and through it on the naan and there you have it!
So what I did with this particular combination is I fried the eggplant and zucchini in some butter. A trick with the eggplant is to slice it and lay it out first and sprinkle some salt on it to absorb the moisture. If you have worked with eggplant before you would know that it is a very moist veggie.
Once have fried these veggies very lightly, set them aside and saute your garlic and spinach. At this point pre heat your over to 450. Take your naan bread and start spreading the eggplant, zucchini and spinach with garlic on it. Add generous junks of goats cheese and sprinkle some parm over top. Then to finish it off drizzle on some balsamic glaze. It is now ready to go into the oven.
Only bake for about 10 minutes, you are really just heating the naan bread and melting the cheese slightly.
Once that is done you are ready.
I enjoyed this dinner on my deck, with a candle, and a bottle of Terra Boa red wine from Portugal. I highly recommend this wine. It has got some attitude. It is full and spicy and ready to drink as soon as the cork is popped! None of this letting it breath, just get right to it!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. It is a staple in my dinner routines, but again have fun with it, use what you have and make it work because it will...trust me.
Cin cin! as they say in France.

No comments:
Post a Comment